SUPPORT: FIRE CONSULTANTS
- Fire-impregnated wood product covered by the mandatory requirements for CE certification.
- Fire-treated wood products are subject to the mandatory requirements of the Declaration of Performance (DoP).
- The manufacturer is subject to the requirement of, similarly to the type approval certificate requirements for third-party inspections of manufacturing, providing proof of continuous quality control, in accordance with the Planning and Building Act (SFS 2010:900).
- Each individual wood species is covered by the mandatory requirements to be certified and under which certification actually refers to the correct standard, for example, harmonized product standards.
Woodsafe are authorized manufacturers
Our services have been approved since 2008 and since 2009, as the first manufacturer in Northern Europe, our services are also CE certified in accordance with harmonized product standards EN14915 and EN13986. Our quality system is ensured according to the appendix Appendix ZA, system 1. Our knowledge of fire-treated wood is our strength, which gives you as an expert consultant/fire safety consultant security in your work and choice of regulatory product. Our quality- and management system is certified according to ISO 9001, issued by the SP.
Why certification and third-party control?
How do you know if the documents are correct
In addition to these four mandatory requirements, you as an expert consultant in your professional role should have sufficient knowledge to distinguish any documents that are not certifying documents. There is an extensive problem with incorrect documentation, e.g. fire testing and classification reports, documents drawn by other institutes carrying the title certificate but which in practice are not certifying certificates under the Planning and Building Act or the EU Construction Product Regulation etc. There are examples where institutions issue certificates for a product or a manufacturer generally describing the product as certified B-s1,d0. But in fact this is not the correct certification in accordance with the requirements of Annex ZA and the Construction Products Regulation 305/2011. The document carries the title certificate but no more than that, at least not if one is to adhere to the requirements of the Construction Products Regulation.
Reading the documentation is not always easy.
• What is the wood species' thinnest approved thickness for B-s1,d0?
Comparing fire treatment to fire retardant painting
Woodsafe recommend that self-monitoring is documented in accordance with the borehole principle developed by the Nordic Association for Fire retardant treated wood (http://www.nordbt.se/se/) Instructions for checking the workplace as recommended by SP/NBT