Based on the need for protection, buildings can be divided into different fire-engineering building classes (see picture below):
- Br0 - Building with very high protection needs
- Larger buildings over 16 floors
- Business classes 5C/5D etc.
- Br1 - Building with high protection needs
- Buildings with three or more floors (not single-family houses) etc.
- Br2 - Building with moderate protection needs
- Two-storey buildings
- Single-storey building with an area larger than 200 sqm etc.
- Br3 - Building with low protection needs
- Single-family house etc.
Fire performance building class depends mainly on the number of floors.
Image Source: Träguiden.